Health & Safety Meeting - Suicide Prevention in Construction
Sep 16, 2020
Member Price: $0.00
Non-Member Price: $30.00
HEALTH & SAFETY WEBINAR:
WHY MENTAL HEALTH, SUBSTANCE USE DISORDERS & SUICIDE PREVENTION ARE LEADERSHIP ISSUES IN CONSTRUCTION
Before COVID-19, construction and society had a mental health, substance misuse and suicide problem. The unprecedented uncertainty of COVID-19 created major stress, anxiety, fear and worries among workers and their families This session focuses on WHY these topics are a leadership imperative for construction leaders at all levels throughout the construction industry. Construction has the 2nd highest rate of suicide among all occupations. Learn what you can do to help promote mental wellbeing and reduce risk of substance misuse and suicide in your company and our industry.
- Demonstrate how to break the stigma of mental health and suicide
- Learn why mental health and suicide prevention are workplace safety, health and wellness issues
- Identify the industry and demographic risk factors that lead to suicide
- Identify warning signs and how engage workers in a safety conversation around mental health and suicide prevention.
- Learn when AND how to talk to construction workers about behavioral health.
- Recognize the services available from an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other resources, including crisis hotlines
Cal Beyer, CWP, SCTPP
Vice President; Workforce Risk & Worker Wellbeing; CSDZ
- Cal has over 30 years' experience in construction safety, health and risk management
- He worked for a contractor in WA & OR with manufacturing and construction operations from 2014-2020.
- He launched the construction industry suicide prevention movement
- He was instrumental in the formation of the Construction Industry Alliance for Suicide: www.preventconstructionsuicide.org
- He serves with the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention since 2010; Co-Chair Workplace Task Force (2015-2017); Executive Committee since 2016.
- He serves on the Expert Advisory Group of the Center for Workplace Mental Health
- Named Top 25 Newsmaker for 2016 by Engineering News-Record for work on suicide prevention
- Frequent presenter at national, regional and state construction industry events
- Regular contributor to construction industry publications
Health & Safety Meeting - Top OSHA Citations in Construction
Oct 13, 2020Details
Contract Webinar - Indemnity/Hold Harmless Clauses
Oct 15, 2020Details
2020 Clay Shoot
Oct 22, 2020DetailsFlyer
Dinner Meeting - GC Discussion Panel
Nov 12, 2020Details
Health & Safety Meeting - Driving & Vehicle Safety
Nov 17, 2020Details